Friday, April 22, 2011

Fast Food And Good Hygene

Have you wondered how many people wash their hands before preparing a meal? I’m here to give some information about this topic. We all eat out at fast food restaurants and wonder who is cooking our food and are they hands clean. I’ve known a lot of people in the fast food industry, which said they have seen people prepare food without washing or sterilizing their hands. This is a serious problem that can have an effect on other people’s health.http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_c2a31a6a-7bf0-11de-a98e-001cc4c03286.html this article says more than half of all employees in the fast-food industry fail to wash their hands properly or use gloves when working. This is a huge problem. Why are the people not washing their hand the correct way? Before you get hired to work in fast food, you are required to watch and read material on keeping good hygiene at all times during work hours. If workers don’t keep their hands while making food, or even before while their touching meat, their can be a spread of diseases. A person may have a serious case of staff infection, and then goes to make some food; staff infection can get into the food if he did patch up the wound, or wash their hands. I think the fast food corporations need to build more strict consequences on this topic. It will cause the company less problems with customers. It can happen anywhere and to anyone. It will likely happen in a restaurant that you wouldn’t even think of having a problem.


Photo By:  SCA Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget

2 comments:

  1. Dear Corporate Ambitions,
    I found your blog post interesting and pretty gross at the same time. It makes me sick to think that I could be eating food that was touched by completely nasty hands. It also makes me mad that some employees know they should wash their hands but choose not to. I am paying for the food that they make and it is their job to keep the food healthy in every way they can. I liked the statement you made that said, " If workers don’t keep their hands while making food, or even before while their touching meat, their can be a spread of diseases". This is a very repulsive thought. It makes me wonder how many times I have eaten food that was prepared by hands that had open wounds or were not washed after using the restroom. It seems so careless of the employees to put customers at risk for disease all because they didn't take 20 seconds to wash their hands. I also appreciated your statement that said, "I think the fast food corporations need to build more strict consequences on this topic". There should be stricter rules and regulations concerning hand washing. This issue should be closely monitored on a daily basis. In my opinion, there should be people whos only job is to make sure that the employees stay sanitury. Thanks for writing! I will come back if you continue blogging about topics that I can relate to.
    Britney Crawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donald,

    Ick! I'm a major germaphobe, so this disgusted me! I'm always super paranoid about people not properly washing their hands.

    The fact half of the employees don't wash their hands is absolutely disgusting. I don't think these people realize that they are serving actual food that people are going to eat. How would they feel if someone who was making their food didn't wash their hands?

    The staff infection part almost made me sick. The realization that this type of thing does happen, makes me not ever want to set foot in a restaurant again.

    Thanks for writing this, it was really eye-opening! It was a really good post.

    Bonobo

    ReplyDelete